Our employees are one of our most important resources for delivering high quality services and fulfilling our objectives.
Haven Society is committed to creating a healthy, inclusive, diverse and supportive workplace.
Our agency operates from feminist principles and values, and is part of the Community Social Services Collective Bargaining Agreement.
We invite qualified, experienced candidates from diverse backgrounds and life situations to apply to specific postings as they arise. Although we do receive and keep unsolicited resumes on file, Haven Society cannot guarantee that general resumes will be applied against any specific posting.
All general letters of interest and resumes can be emailed to Theresa: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Vacancy Posting
|Position Title: Child Care Worker||Competition No. 17-10 – External|
|Program: Transition House||Salary Range Steps:
Grid 10 $17.04 – 19.84/hr
|Location: Transition House||Employee Group: HSA|
|Hours per week: 33.5 – 35 hrs per week||Position Status: Temporary Part-Time – March 31, 2018|
|Shift Schedule: shifts, including evenings||Anticipated Start Date: October 2017|
NATURE OF POSTION;
Provide supportive childcare for children residents at the Transition House and for groups of children when parents are participating in Agency programs. Plan and carry out activities to promote the growth and safety of children who have witnessed abuse.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Child and Youth Care or Early Childhood Diploma or equivalent combination of education, training aand experience.
- Two years direct experience working with children of all ages and mothers in a residential, daycare or equivalent setting.
- Current Child First Aid Certificate including CPR
- Current drivers license, adequate vehicle, and clear drivers abstract.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record check.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Feminist understanding of dynamics and causes of violence against women in relationships and the effects of this on children
- Demonstrate a respect for diversity with an ability to be flexible about ideas and belief systems
- Knowledge of age appropriate behaviors and activities
- Ability to relate to children, form relationships and maintain clear boundaries
- Ability to handle conflict or crisis with children and their mothers
- Willing to be adaptable and creative
- Personal qualities and attitudes that welcome respect and appreciate clients, volunteers, staff, donors and the larger community
- Awareness of and willingness to work on personal issues as they arise.
- Foster team participation and contribute to the goals and activities of Haven Society
- Personal qualities and attitudes that welcome, respect, and appreciate clients, volunteers, staff, donors, and the larger community
The successful candidate will work in a demanding and stressful environment with clients in crisis situations. The ability to function independently and frequently under pressure is a requirement. Activities may require a moderate level of physical fitness to carry out the duties, and may include lifting or carrying young children.
DATE POSTED: September 19, 2017
CLOSING DATE: October 2, 2017 4:30pm
Provide cover letter and current resume
Attention; Theresa Gerritsen Human Resources Manager
by email email@example.com
Mail: PO Box 37086, 38- 3200 Island Hwy,
Nanaimo BC, V9T 6N4