Thank you for considering Haven Society in your estate plans, and thank you for your generous support of our vital work.
A charitable Will bequest allows you to support our work in a way that combines your charitable and financial goals.
Charitable Will bequests are the means by which ordinary people make extraordinary gifts that can help to provide for the solid financial foundation of organizations.
A bequest can be made at any time, no matter how old you are, and can be for any amount you choose. A charitable bequest is easy to arrange — simply instruct your lawyer to include a bequest to Haven Society in your Will.
For a charitable Will bequest, your lawyer may require the following information:
- The legal name of the organization: “Haven Society: Promoting the safety of women, children, youth and families”
- Haven Society’s charitable number: 119261105 RR0001
- How much to you want to gift to Haven Society? For instance, “Pay (share/percentage/dollar amount) to Haven Society.”
- Wording: For the purpose of the “General Operations Fund,” “Building Legacy Fund,” or “Endowment Fund,” to be held in perpetuity with interest to support Haven Society.
- Specify that it is payable to Haven Society
- Ensure the document states for what purpose i.e. General Operations
For your convenience, please download and print the attached Bequeath Letter template, which provides a pre-written statement: