News & Events
February 10th 2021:
Haven Society is proud to be hosting two community consultation sessions this month and we hope you can join us! The agenda for the sessions will be focused on collecting your input into Canada’s National Action Plan to End Gender-Based Violence, as the Haven Society has received funding to organize community engagement sessions and provide input to the Department of Women and Gender Equality (WAGE) through YWCA Canada. https://endvaw.ca/national-action-plan-violence-women/ https://ywcacanada.ca/news/national-action-plan-to-end-gender-based-violence-community-engagement-initiative/
As there is a quick turn around time to provide feedback, Haven will be hosting two Zoom sessions on Thursday, February 25:
- 1:30pm-3:00pm - please register here: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_PkGIai-iTcu2VpRmQ4y71A
- 6:30pm to 8:00pm - please register here: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_JESKXzX-Ry-TcoL9RwgVDQ
Through guided discussion, this facilitated roundtable will explore what diverse community members would like to see in a National Action Plan to End Violence Against Women & Gender-Based Violence. In preparation for the session you are invited to consider:
What would you like the government to prioritize in the next 6 months, 12 months, 3 years in regards to the 5 anticipated pillars of the National Action Plan:
· Preventing gender-based violence
· Supporting survivors and their families
· Promoting responsive legal and justice systems
· Social infrastructure and enabling environment
· Accountability and measurement
Please contact Dawn (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions, and we look forward to seeing you on the 25th!
The Faire Wyndes is a classical woodwind quintet from Gabriola Island. A must see for Classical Music Fans! This event is a benefit concert for Parksville Qualicum Haven House.